Why I’ve decided to launch a book club for start-ups
I’m all about building purposeful passion filled businesses, incorporating the things that you love doing into the fabric of your enterprise:
- If you love socialising incorporate networking events into your marketing and service offerings
- Enjoy teaching, build training programs into your business model
- Adore singing, create your own jingles and intros for marketing videos
I love books, reading has been my therapy for as long as I can remember. I don’t recall a time in my life when I’ve left home without a book – whether it be a good old-fashioned paperback, Kindle or my Audible app. So, in an effort to practice what I preach I decided it was time to incorporate my passion for books into my business, and I couldn’t think of a better way than a book club for start-ups.
The Momentum Academy Book Club for Start-ups
My goal for The Momentum Academy book club is to provide a space for budding entrepreneurs to read inspiring books that equip them for the start-up journey. A place where we can share, connect and grow over big ideas.
Starting this month (March 2018) we’ll do the following:
- Focus on one book per month that inspires you to drive your business forward
Our first book is The Power of Broke: How Empty Pockets, a Tight Budget, and a Hunger for Success Can Become Your Greatest Competitive Advantage.
- A bi-monthly book club meet-up in London to discuss the previous months book
An event where book club members can network, connect and collaborate. I’ll also do a mini marketing talk to help you get your business off the ground or take it to the next level.The first in-person meet-up will take place in London at the Lighthouse Community Café, in Harrow on 14th April 2-4pm.
- An online discussion group on Goodreads
This is where you can post all your thoughts and comments about the book and read posts from others too!
3 reasons to join the Momentum Academy Book Club
- It will equip you with knowledge and insights to grow your business quicker. What it takes one person a lifetime to learn you can learn in one book.The books will be carefully chosen to ensure that everything we read will equip you in some way for your start-up journey.
- It’s an opportunity to network, share ideas and collaborate with fellow entrepreneurs. We will be connecting over big ideas. Networking and expanding your circle of influence is an important part of growing your business.
- It’s more than a book club
As a marketing coach I’ll provide advice and tips on how to incorporate the ideas in the books we read into your marketing strategy and business model.
Reading will accelerate your business growth
One of the things that have always given me an edge in my career and consistently accelerated my progression, is that I read significantly more than most. I am not intrinsically smarter, but because I read more I simply know more and (applied) knowledge is power.
In the words of Harry S. Truman
“Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers”.
One book has the power to transform your business! This book club may be free to join but it offers a wealth of value!
Complete the form below to join The Momentum Academy Book Club for Start-Ups
Book Club for Start-Ups
Sign-up to join the The Momentum Academy book club for start-ups
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.